Letter of Dance -- Articles Arranged by Type
The following are the major classes of articles available in the Letter.
- The Primary Source Bibliography
- A comprehensive survey of the extant primary sources from the
Renaissance, by Geoffrey Matthias.
- The Discography
- A long list of recordings of dance music, with commentary.
Arbeau (and all Galliards)
English Country Dance, Measures, and earlier
15th Century Italy
16th Century Italy
- Ballo del Fiore in Due: The Dance of the Flower
- Leggiadria d'Amore: A Balletto for Three
- Bassa Ducale
- Gloria d'Amore: A Reconstruction
- Review: Music and Dance in "Le Gratie d'Amore"
- Il Canario: The Canary of Cesare
Negri with its Variations
- Dolce Amoroso Fiamma (Sweet Amorous Flame)
- O Spagnoletta, O Cascarda, or, A Word Concerning Similarities
- Spagnoletto, Spagnoletta, Fa, La La, La La,
- Letter: "Peacocking"
- A Caroso-Style Ball
- Bassa Gioiosa
- Veni, Vidi, Coranti
- Dell' Arte Cascardare
- Ask Dr. Terpsichore
- Dance-relevant Definitions in John Florio's 1611 Italian-English Dictionary
- Two Sixteenth-Century Dance Games
- To Tame a Pretty Conceit
Reviews (books, CD's) and Bibliographies
Satire and Parody
Return to the Letter of Dance.
Webbed by Gregory
Blount of Isenfir (Greg Lindahl)