Medieval and Renaissance Food: Sources, Recipes, and Articles
What's New on this page?
This a subpage of the SCA Arts and Sciences homepage.
Jump to: Primary Sources, Articles/Publications, Individual Recipes, Mailing Lists, Other Information of Interest.
Primary Sources, Reference, Bibliography
Articles / Publications
- Early English meals and manners : with some forewords on education in Early England by Furnivall, Frederick James, 1825-1910
- Early Medieval Norse Food & Feasting
- Medieval Bread
- Articles at the Middle Kingdom Cooks' Collegium
- Cauldrons and the Development of Cast Iron for Domestic Use
- An Overview of Renaissance Kitchen Equipment
- Katja's Herbalism Papers & Links
- Katja's Food Papers and Handouts
- Medieval Mustard
- The Flour of Chivalry: The Rise of Bakers' Guilds in the Middle Ages
- Viking Foods
- A Chaucerian Cookery
- A Boke of Gode Cookery (a collection of articles and recipes)
- A Dinner at Pennsic (renaissance camping and food)
- Camping Without a Cooler
- Serve it Forth! (a paper magazine)
- Some Recipes of al-Andalus (vegetarian)
- (Middle Eastern) Historic Recipe Redactions
- Food in England since 1066 -- A Vegetarian Evolution? (article)
- Food Coloring Agents
- To Make A Tart (intro to
using primary sources)
- Robbing Peter To Pay Paul: Halving Feast Costs (seasonal savings)
- How to Pig Out with 130 of Your
Closest Friends (cooking for large groups)
- To Prepare a Most Honorable
- To Make a Feast
- An Islamic Dinner
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to Ancient Cookery (series of articles)
- Articles from the Rialto (rec.org.sca) related to food
- Search rec.food.historic
- Chocolate: or, and Indian Drinke.
- Cheesemaking in Scotland
- Stefan's Florilegium Sections:
Food - Books,
Food - Breads,
Food - Condiments,
Food - Fruits,
Food - Manuscripts,
Food - Meats,
Sweet or Decorated Foods,
Food - Utensils,
Food - Vegetables,
The SCA-cooks mailing list is one of many covering Renaissance and
Medieval food. You can subscribe
or search the archive.
Other information that might be of interest:
If you know of any other information on the WWW related to food,
please send me email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who else has links to this page?
Return to the Society for Creative Anachronism Arts and Sciences homepage.
Gregory Blount of Isenfir (Greg Lindahl).