Re: "Black Press"

Patrick McLaughlin (pmcl@cts.com)
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 11:31:55 -700 (PDT)

It's hard in the real world to do real black press type stuff. In a
game, it's stunningly easy (which is why I have been so unwilling to pay
Compuserve to download the Times for the last 8 or 9 turns! I presume
that 99% of what is there is crap).

Not that the crap isn't a colorful addition to the game. But the signal
to noise ration is SO high that it's rarely worth the time.

And on that basis, I _do_ think that some sort of method for making
validated statements would be good. After all, the unvalidated ones
would be potentially true as well, and might be used far more deviously
as a result.

I like Chip's basic idea, but I'd be willing to go one further.
Validated posts are validated, instead of paid for, period.