Another combat factor

David desJardins (desj@super.org)
Tue, 20 Sep 94 17:08:39 EDT

> From: Rich Skrenta <skrenta@pbm.com>
> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 16:05:50 -0400 (EDT)
>
> Everything is predictable in Oly II combat because it's all in the rules.
> There are several combat simulators out there based solely on the docs.

Actually, I have to disagree with this. To my knowledge, all of the
details of target selection have never been publicly posted. (Not that
they are all that complicated, but....)

The rules as I understand them:

(1) All fighting men or beasts belonging to characters in the front
row are targets.

(2) A character in the front row is a target only once all of the
fighting men or beasts belonging to that character have been
killed.

(3) The stack leader is a target only once everyone else in the stack
has been taken out of the battle (killed or wounded).

David desJardins