Re: Safe Havens, and Garrisons

Patrick McLaughlin (pmcl@cts.com)
Sat, 17 Sep 1994 09:16:49 -700 (PDT)

Not implement this?

Hmmm. I suspect that allowing people to create safe havens is do-able.
Especially if you implement any of the safe = safe for new players only
ideas first.

I'd suggest that an issue like this be sent to the Times for a player
poll to see if they approved of the idea, with the understanding that
there would be a turn's notification before it became reality. SO that
people would not be pillaging a city when the garrison showed up.

But I think that most people will agree that the city just letting itself
be pillaged and then having a mob show is not realistic. _Someone_ is
protecting them from the bands of killer rats....