Re: Safe Havens, and Garrisons

Patrick McLaughlin (pmcl@cts.com)
Sat, 17 Sep 1994 08:57:52 -700 (PDT)

Sounds like a good idea.

Perhaps the definition could be that any city with 100 pike garrison is a
safe haven (with whatever that may mean) and that players will be able to
request setup there, or may be randomly distributed there, if no specific
request is made.

Once the programming to redefine safe haven was done, it'd leave the
question of what safe havens there are in player hands. I imagine that
Rich would need to check that there was at least one in existence before
running a turn and adding people. But if (say) the AOO faction on Mt. O.
decide to close the safe haven... then people go elsewhere.