Re: Death Overhaul'd

RCOMBER@delphi.com
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 11:22:10 -0400 (EDT)

Rich writes:

> I think Carl's suggestion is quite good, but it's too radical to
> make to the current running game.
>
> I still favor Bind spirit, albeit without the aura-duel factor.
> It could be used by either the dead noble's owner, or a fiendish
> necromancer after the body. It doesn't require changing any of
> the existing commands, it only adds to them. And it's a fairly
> minor change from the current system.
>
> --
> Rich Skrenta <skrenta@pbm.com>

Well, it seems my editor sometimes doesn't like to send what I add to the
bottom of these messages! (Sorry about that last one!) Anyway. I feel
the LR should be just like resurrection, the body is required to perform
the spell. Dead nobles should be buried where they die. It is very
unrealistic for a body to be carried away by peasants to some graveyard,
possibly hundreds of miles away, right under the noses of the victor of
a battle.

- Rich Comber <RCOMBER@delphi.com>