Re: Death Overhaul'd

RCOMBER@delphi.com
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 11:07:07 -0400 (EDT)

Bron writes:

> The problem I see with *always* requiring the body for LR, is
> that if someone gains control of the body with a large stack,
> they can resurect the character, and then terrorize and/or bribe
> the noble, and then execute them; repeat until you succeed in
> bringing the noble in on your side. At the very least, you can
> use this process to keep the noble points out of the hands of the
> original owner more or less indefinately: resurrect the body
> after 7 months, and then execute it; repeat until the game ends.
>
> So it seems that the original owner needs to be able to LR even
> without the body. Since you want your buddy to be able to do
> it for you, when the noble dies you get the noble's True Name
> (a password) which must be invoked during Last Rites (if you don't
> have the body); you can use it yourself or tell it someone else.
>
> --
> Bron Campbell Nelson bron@sgi.com or possibly uunet!sgi.com!bron
> These statements are my own, not those of Silicon Graphics.

Bron,

There will always be some angle in some circumstances that will allow
either LR or resurrection to work in a nasty way. I understand your
concern and your strategy using resurrection makes sense, but if
resurrection requires the body, so should LR. Think about it. How
could anyone perform last rites without the body. I know "it's
magical", but it just doesn't make any sense.

- Rich Comber <RCOMBER@delphi.com>