Interkingdom Archery Competitions: AS XXXXVIIII (2013)
Lorenzo's scores for previous years may be found at
My scores for previous years may be found here:
A. S. XXXXVI,
A. S. XXXXV (2010 AD),
A. S. XXXXII,
A. S. XXXXI,
A. S. XXXX (2005 AD),
A. S. XXXVIIII,
A. S. XXXVIII,
A. S. XXXVII,
A. S. XXXVI,
A. S. XXXV (2000 AD),
A. S. XXXIIII,
A. S. XXXIII,
A. S. XXXII,
A. S. XXXI,
A. S. XXX (1995 AD).
Greetings from Lorenzo il Confuso, Keeper of the IKAC.
Please note that this letter is long, and contains the following information:
- I. Final Standings
- II. youth divisions advancements for 2014 (young archers who because of skill are being advanced to a division that is commensurate with their capabilities)
- III. Rule changes for 2014
- IV. Last Note
I. Final Standings for 2013
- * --> denotes Division Winners, earn Gold Medallion
- ** --> denotes Second place winner, or Special Award recipient, earns Silver Medallion
- *1: AN TIR: 273.33; Alaricus Simmonds: 277; Leogaire mac Lochlainn (Loric): 277; Daffyd de Doake: 266.
- **2: EAST: 255.67; Rupert the Unbalanced: 299; Ygraine of Kellswood: 240; Thyra Eiriksdottir:228.
- 3: ATLANTIA: 254.67: Aiden of Bright Hills: 327; Gregge the Archer: 223; Roshu: 214.
- 4: MIDDLE: 247.33; Ambrosius filius Merlinus:331; Gladius the Alchemist: 255; Chernislava Alekseeva: 156.
- 5. OUTLANDS: 234; Mika Longbow: 244; William Hawke: 236; Wolfgang Bieneman vom Swarzwald: 222.
- 6. WEST: 217; David St. Rose; 240; Eryn St. Rose: 206; Michael of Foxwood: 199.
- 7. LOCHAC: 216; Robert of Laughtonvale: 264; Madog Llwyd ap Madog: 193; Ulric of Ambledune: 191.
- 8. TRIMARIS: 208.67; Jochi Batu: 217; Æsa bogsveigir: 208; Guenhwyvar: 201.
- 9. (tie) ANSTEORRA: 204.33; Samuel ap Dewi: 290; Dona verch Dewi: 177; Justus ap Dewi: 146.
- 9. (tie) CALONTIR: 204.33; Leif of Crescent Moon: 212; William Douglas: 208; Roderick de Graham: 193.
- 10. ARTEMISIA: Bjorn Hrafnsson: 185; Ryryd ap Gwerstan: 170; Aingeal Inghean Garaidh: 143.
- 11. GLEANN ABHANN: 138.67; Kenneth Mac Andrews: 207; Thomas Fletcher: 115; Benjamin of Pennington: 94.
- 12. ATENVELDT: 127.67; Eric: 153; Roslyn the Forgetful: 128; Raffaelle de Mallorca: 102.
- 13. AETHELMEARC: 104.33; Aurelio Di Baldseare: 148; Corwin Templeton: 133; Jan Langhe ten Walde: 32.
- 14. EALDORMERE: no average; Jehanne de Bretagne: 33;
- *1. AN TIR: 237.33; Alaricus Simmonds: 266; Leogaire mac Lochlainn (Loric): 244; David of Tiriane: 202.
- 2. OUTLANDS: 202.67; William Hawke: 246; Mika Longbow: 198; Dairenn of Galway: 164;
- 3. LOCHAC: 202; Darayavash Ah Rar: 264; Sigmund Spellman: 186; Alessandro von Florenz: 156.
- 4. ATLANTIA: 196.67; ROshu; 238; Godai Katsunaga: 182; Gregge the Archer: 170;
- 5. CALONTIR: Roderick de Graham: 142; Kezia von Holzenhaus: 110; Lucia of Vatavia: 35.
- 6. MIDDLE: 93.33; Eógan: 116; Taran Mac Derelei: 102; Coilean: 62.
- 7. EAST: no average; Ygraine of Kellswood: 138;
- 8. ARTEMISIA: no average; Timmur Jochen: 130;
- 9. ANSTEORRA: Asbiorn inn eyverski: 74;
- *1. ATLANTIA: 300.67; Gregge the Archer: 332; Janyn Fletcher: 305; Karl von Königsberg: 265
- 2. OUTLANDS: 273; Mika Longbow: 372; Daffyd of Emmet: 228; Rowland Mc Cain: 219;
- 3. EAST: 259.47; Colin Ursell: 261; Ian of Malagentia: 260; Li Kung Lo: 258;
- 4. AN TIR: 243.33; Tymme Lytefelow: 266; Kenneth of Shaftesbury: 243; Aleksei Zateev: 221.
- 5. ANSTEORRA: no average; Ray ap Dewi: 224; Ulrich von Budigen: 175;
- 6. MIDDLE: no average; Erik Erikson the Scout: 209; James Barclay: 145;
- 7. AETHELMEARC: no average; Alheydis von Korckhingen: 216;
- 8. CALONTIR: no average; Johann Steinarsson: 120;
- 9. LOCHAC: no average; Raffe Demassard: 98.
- *1. ATLANTIA: 286.67; Gregge the Archer: 364; Seamus McRay: 262; Robert Cameron de Grey: 234.
- 2. OUTLANDS: Mika Longbow: 424; Stephan Sorenson: 218; Daffyd of Emmet: 216.
- 3. EAST: 227.33; Li Kung Lo: 276; Colin Ursell: 244; Ygraine of Kellswood: 162;
- 4. AN TIR: 179.33: Tymme Lytefelow: 230; Kenneth of Shaftesbury: 214; John Wayland: 94.
- 5. ATENVELDT: no average: Johan of Hawksley: 190; Catyln O` Sullivan: 148;
- 6. CALONTIR: no average; Dolan Madoc: 262; Johann Steinarsson: 72;
- 7. ANSTEORRA: Cian Rhys Gravenor: 306.
- *1. AN TIR: Richard Bentfinger: 302; Deicyn Moel: 286; Jonathan of Vinjar: 194.
- *1.AN TIR: 104.33; Nickolas de Charme (9):133; Ronan (9): 101; Iain Erskine (9): 79
- 2.EAST: 75.33; Joji (10): 101; Jomari (9): 63; Hope of Giggleswick (8): 62
- 3.WEST: 13.67; Trystan Bridsdaughter (6): 14; Jax of House of Beasts (6): 12; Keira St. Rose (5): 8
- 4. LOCHAC: no average; Elizabeth Sexi (9): 74; Arthur of Stegby (8): 44
- *1.EAST: 143.33; Alija (13): 163; Caylie (13): 162; Colette of Berwic (13): 105
- 2.AN TIR: 67.33; Hippolyta (11): 136; ((Adora Dunlap)) (12): 47; Kestrel de Merc (11): 19
- 3.ATENVELDT: no average; Sophhie Strider (13): 93; Serena (13): 69
- 4.WEST: no average; Garrett Roryson (11): 26
- *1.AN TIR: 115.00; Cassandra (13): 125; ((Rachel Geyer)) (13): 112; Miranda Macandrew (9): 74
- 2.EAST: 63.33; Andrew (14): 74.00; Jesse (15): 66; Melanie of Berwic (15): 50
- 3.WEST: no average; Lady Marie (12): 62.00; Trystan MacCarrick (14): 40
A special SILVER Medallion will be awarded to the following participant in the Youth Division:
** Miranda Macandrew (9) of An Tir for superior skill.
Miranda, due to high scores in 2012 and even higher scores her first
try in 2013 in the Children's Division, was advanced to Youth Division
during 2013. Her first score submitted for Youth was 203, and she was
then advanced again to Yeoman Division, where she finished in third
place for her kingdom, with a score of 108!! It is truly amazing skill
for such a young archer, and I am happy to be able to reward her for
her efforts and talent.
II. Young divisions advancements for 2014
The following archers will be shooting in the Youth Division in 2014:
- Nickolas de Charme (9) - Dragon's Laire
- Ronan (9) - Seagirt
- Iain Erskine (9) - Dragon's Laire
- Crystal (9) - Dragon's Laire
- ((Beverly LaPierre)) (9) - Dragon's Laire
- Logan Anderson (10) - Adiantum
- Quincy (9) - Dragon's Laire
- Dade Duvall (10) - Adiantum
- Joji (10) East - Stonemarche
- Jomari (9) - East - Stonemarche
- Elizabeth Sexi (9) - Lochac - Politarchopolis
The following archers will be shooting in the Yeoman Division in 2014:
- ((Adora Dunlap)) (12) - Dragon's Laire
- Sophie Strider (13) - Twin Moons
- Serena (13) - Atenveldt - Twin Moons
- Alija (13) - Stonemarche
- Caylie (13) - Stonemarche
- Collette (13) - Stonemarche
- Seth of Giggleswick (12) - Malagentia
III. 2014 RULE CHANGES
1) Period Crossbow division - Period Crossbows may not have a modern
style lock nor a modern trigger. They must have a period-style lock
and release mechanism. The Lock and Release Mechanism should be
documentable to 16th century or earlier. If there is a question about
the mechanisms being in period, then the Marshal in Charge of the
shoot may request proof or allow its one time use at that event, until
proof is provided. Archers using crossbows that might be questioned
should be encouraged to bring documentation
2) All Divisions - Currently, archers use the standard 5-color 60 cm
FITA target. Upon request of several IKAC shooters, archers are now
allowed to also use 60 cm FITA black/white targets if they wish. These
targets can have a more period look. They are commonly used in mundane
archery competition for Field Archery at distances from 30-60
yards. They can be bought from most archery distributors, including
Lancaster Archery. The Keeper is interested in feedback of the use of
these targets, both positive or negative. NOTE: The use of this target
is entirely optional. Archers can continue to use the usual FITA
5-color 60 cm target without issues.
3) IMPORTANT!!: Younger divisions changes:
If you have any questions or concerns about the rule changes above, please contact me.
- Children division - (2013) age 10 and under --> (2014) age 9 and under
- Youth Division - (2013) age 13 and under --> (2014) age 12 and under
- Youth Division - (2013) distances of 10-20-30 --> (2014) distance of 15-20-30
- An additional note is that archers in the younger divisions may be asked to move to a higher division during the season, at the discretion of the Keeper and Deputy Keeper (when a Marshal fails to do so in keeping with the spirit of the rules)
IV. LAST NOTE:
I am considering some changes for the 2015 season, and I would welcome your input throughout the season on these topics:
Finally, thanks to all the archers and marshals that took the time and effort to shoot the IKAC for the 2013 season. I look forward to an even
better season this coming year. For all questions, issues and comments, please send your emails to email@example.com
- a) I am concerned about the continuing lack of participation in the iKCAC, and I am wondering whether the IKCAC competition is worth continuing at this point. I would very much like your feedback on this
- b) I have been considering for a while a reworked scoring system that would reward participation, with bonus points added the more scores are
submitted. I would very much welcome feedback on this idea, as well as any other ideas that you may have that would encourage participation,
and reward archers for putting in the time and effort to shoot multiple IKACs.
I expect the medallions for the 2013 season to be available by the end of March.
The 2014 Season starts on 1 February 2014.
Gregory Blount of Isenfir (Greg Lindahl)