Interkingdom Archery Competitions: AS XXXXV
Lorenzo's scores for previous years may be found at
My scores for previous years may be found here:
A. S. XXXXV (2010 AD),
A. S. XXXXII,
A. S. XXXXI,
A. S. XXXX (2005 AD),
A. S. XXXVIIII,
A. S. XXXVIII,
A. S. XXXVII,
A. S. XXXVI,
A. S. XXXV (2000 AD),
A. S. XXXIIII,
A. S. XXXIII,
A. S. XXXII,
A. S. XXXI,
A. S. XXX (1995 AD).
Greetings from Lorenzo il Confuso, Keeper of the IKAC
The FINAL results for Season XXXI of the IKAC (2010) are as follows (*=earns medallion):
Open Bow Division
Period Bow Division
- 1. An Tir(*): 270.67; Balinor: 282; Daffyd de Doake: 277; Alis Inghean Ruaidhri: 253.
- 2. Atlantia (*): 242.33; Nuala of Needwood Forest: 255; Geoffrey of Needwood Forest: 239; Timothy of Shaftesbury: 233.
- 3. East: 239.33; Rupert the Unbalanced: 288; Ygraine of Kellswood: 246; Louisa of Carolingia: 184
- 4. Trimaris: 235; Jochi Batu: 242; Guenhwyvar: 236; Aesa Bogsveigir: 227.
- 5. Ansteorra: 234.33; Samuel ap Dewi: 289; Cian Rhys Gravenor: 230; Dona verch Dewi: 184.
- 6. Lochac: 227.33; Sigmund Spellman: 240; Darius J'Fa: 225; Madog Llwyd ap Madog: 217.
- 7. Outlands: 206.33; William Hawke: 252; Mika Longbow: 196; Rothin in Flamska: 171.
- 8. Atenveldt: Johan of Hawksley: 194; Catlyn O' Sullyvan: 191; Alaxandar Mac Donnaidh: 186.
- 9. West: 185.33: Sveinn Ulfsson: 197; Eric Ralston: 184; Joseph de la Tour: 175;
- 10. Glenn Abhann: 177.67; Kolr Bogsveigir: 226; Neill Gray: 167; Thomas Fletcher: 140.
- 11. Middle: 142.33; Uilliam of Argyll: 157; Jason of Winged Hills: 142; Kuro Ookami: 128.
- 12. Meridies: 123; Ronan MacMorton: 189; Konr MacAlpein: 119; William Brewer: 61.
- 13. Drachenwald: 105.33; Pol oBriain: 148; Conrad zer Rueben: 103; Tapio Toivanpoika: 65
Open Crossbow Division
- 1. An Tir(*): 209.33; Alaricus Simmonds: 252; Tristan de Ver: 192; Daffyd de Doake: 184.
- 2. Lochac: 152; Darius J'Fa: 162; Szebastian Greenbow: 156; Madog Llwyd ap Madog: 138.
- 3. Drachenwald: 142; Rakonczay Gergely: 172; Pol OBriain: 164; Eldgrimir Jonsson: 90.
- 4. Outlands: 139.33: Wolfgang vom Schwarzwald: 154; Ailinn Shadowfox: 134; Patrick of the Quiet Woods: 130;
- 5. Ansteorra: 118; Samuel ap Dewi: 216; Vincenti da Murano: 86; Leonard of Namron: 52.
- 6. Atenveldt: 96.67; Johan of Hawksley: 114; Philippos the Skeptic: 96; Giuliana Francesca Bellini: 80;
- 7. Atlantia (no average); Godai Katsunaga: 132; Barre fitzRobert of York: 58.
- 8. East (no average); Ygraine of Kellswood: 202;
- 9. West(no average): Joseph de la Tour: 192;
- 10. Meridies(no average): Ronan MacMorton: 174;
- 11. Middle(no average); James Cunningham: 104.
Period Crossbow Division
- 1. Atlantia(*): 316.33; Gregge the Archer: 322; Jonathas Reinisch: 320; Karl von Konigsberg: 307.
- 2. An Tir: 264; David of Tiriane: 289; John Macandrew: 269; John de Percy: 234.
- 3. Ansteorra: 257; Samuel ap Dewi: 266; Cian Rhys Gravenor: 257; Padriac of Kilkenny: 248.
- 4. Outlands: 254; Mika Longbow: 314; Daffyd of Emmet: 249; Stephan Sorenson: 199.
- 5. Atenveldt: 194; Bran Padrig of Antrim: 255; Johan of Hawksley: 173; Deletha of Anandyrdale: 154.
- 6. Middle(no average): Erik Erikson the Scout: 233.
- 7. East(no average): Ygraine of Kellswood: 182.
Combat IKAC Division (IKCAC)
- 1. Atlantia(*): 329.33: Valgard av Mors: 352; Gregge the Archer: 324; Jonathas Reinisch: 312.
- 2. An Tir: 288; David of Tiriane: 362; Daffyd de Doake: 252; John de Percy: 250.
- 3. Ansteorra: 278; Cian Rhys Gravenor: 292; Samuel ap Dewi: 290; Padriac of Kilkenny: 252.
- 4. Outlands: 265.33; Mika Longbow: 340; Dafydd of Emmet: 260; Stephan Sorenson: 196.
- 5. East: 247.33; Li Kung Lo: 260; Alexandre Saint Pierre: 252; Max Gunn: 230.
- 6. Atenveldt: 188; Bran Padraig of Antrim: 246; Steffen von der Grun: 176; Tibor the Indecisive: 142.
- 1. An Tir(*): 295.33; Deicyn Moel: 331; Lahela bint Shammah: 280; Aonghus of Barra: 275.
- 2. Ansteorra: 214.33; Samuel ap Dewi: 241; Cian Rhys Gravenor: 219; Facon du Pray: 183;
- 3. Middle(no average): Erik Erikson the Scout:200; James Cunningham: 153.
- 1. Lochac(*): 88.33; Alec McDuncan: 191; Jane Rose: 47; Kelly of Bacchus Wood: 27.
- 2. East: 35.67; Holden de Berwic: 65; Caylie:30; Colette de Berwic: 12.
- 3. West(no average): Garrett Brooks: 52;
- 4. Atlantia(no average): Klaus: 36;
- 5. An Tir(no average): Nickolas de Charree: 7;
- 6. Drachenwald(no average): Jamie of Harperlstane: 1;
- 1. An Tir(*)128: Fiona of Wyewood: 188; Andrew McClaire: 100; Leif of Dragons Laire: 96;
- 2. East: 71.33; Elijah:76; Celine de Berwic: 71; Noah of Stonemarche: 67;
- 3. Lochac: 52; Sam of Mordenvale: 67; Emmaline Castille: 52; Finnian of River Haven: 37;
- 4. Ansteorra(no average); Thomas ap Dewi: 193(*); Aunna Sloan: 59;
- 5. Atlantia(no average): AJ Giannuzzi): 149;
- 6. Atenveldt(no average): Brandon of Twin Moons: 131.
NOTE1: An additional medallion will be awarded to Thomas Ap Dewi, from
Ansteorra, for several reasons, among which is noted excellence this year, and
recognition that should have been deserved last year. My Deputy for Youth
Divisions, Lord Osmond, will give more details in a forthcoming note.
- Wulfwyn (An Tir) (*)
- Ygraine of Kellswood (East) (*)
NOTE2: There will be only one rule change this year, but it is significant and
it pertains to the younger divisions. We will be adding one division, called the
Yeoman Division. This Division will be open to archers from 11-15 years old. It
will shoot in the 20-30-40 range, same as the Adult divisions. The new Yeoman
Division has several purposes: it will allow younger archers to progress past
the Youth division for a couple more years before having to shoot with the
adults, if they so choose. Most importantly, it will allow us to keep the
Children and Youth divisions as formative divisions, meant for getting young
people started and interested in archery, and competing with other beginners. If
an archer does particularly well in the Children or Youth Division, they will be
placed in the Yeoman division the next year, regardless of age, so that they can
compete with other children of similar more advanced skills for a while longer
before having to compete against the adults. The score in the Yeoman Division is
still limited to 200. However, a young archer who scores consistently high in
the Yeoman division, given that it is being shot at the adult ranges, will be
placed the following year in the adult divisions, at the discretion of the
Keeper and his Deputy. The new rules will be posted on the website shortly, and
the forms will be modified accordingly as soon as possible. As Deputy for the
Youth Divisions, Lord Osmond will manage this new division. Feel free to direct
your questions on this to either one of us, and we'll make sure to get back to
you right away. Once again, the new rules page will spell the exact rules and
will be posted on the website very shortly.
NOTE3: I would like to thank all the archers who participated and all the
marshals who set up IKAC/IKCAC shoots and helped for another great year. A very
special thank you to my Deputy, Lord Osmond of Berwic, for his tremendous
efforts throughout the year, and to Baron Jonathas, who continues to support us
not just with the website, but in countless other ways. This year's Keeper's
Award goes to Wulfwyn of An Tir, and to Ygraine of Kellswood of East. Both
Ladies have been tremendous supporters of the IKAC and of Archery in their
Kingdom and in the Society, their contributions too many to list here, but it's
their service to the IKAC and the archers who shoot in it that I would like to
note specifically and for which I am most grateful. Thank you so much to you
Once again, thank you to everyone who participated in this year's competition
and congratulations to all of you, winners and participants alike. The
medallions for the winners will be available at the end of the month, please
contact me around that time. The new season has now started, we'll have a couple
of extra goodies for you all that we'll unveil mid-season. Meanwhile, shoot
Gregory Blount of Isenfir (Greg Lindahl)