Re: Region resource production model

Greg Lindahl (gl8f@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU)
Sat, 18 Jul 92 12:56:36 -0400

On Jul 18, 9:34, Rich Skrenta wrote:

> It also has one serious problem: players don't know what the production
> potential is for a region for a given task, and don't get a lot of
> feedback if competition is cutting into their production.

This can be solved with a couple of more additions (yeah, more coding)

1) The ability of high-level entertainers, foresters, etc. to look at
a region and judge its potential.

2) Notification of stonecutting, woodcutting, etc. just like
entertainment is very public now.

> I'm willing to reveal the actual tables used for all of this in the
> interest of getting them tuned correctly.

Well, I'm always willing to stick my nose into a table...