The Music of Thomas Ravenscroft
- Pammelia. Mvsicks Miscellanie. (1609)
- Deuteromelia: Or The Second part of Musicks melodie. (1609)
- Melismata. Mvsicall Phansies. Fitting the
Covrt, Citie, and Covntrey Hvmovrs. To 3, 4, and 5. Voyces. (1611)
- A briefe discovrse Of the true (but neglected) use
of Charact'ring the Degrees by their Perfection [...] (1614)
- The Whole Booke of Psalmes: With The Humnes
Evangelicall, and Songs Spiritual. [...] (1621)
- Class notes for a 50 minute class on Ravenscroft's rounds
Country Masque for Hodge Trillindle and His Zweet Hort Malkyn: The
Dramatic Elements of Thomas Ravenscroft's `Enamoring' Section of the
Harmonies from A Briefe Discourse, 1614 (Joel Kramme)
- German-language Ravenscroft page
- The Sixteenth Century Ballads Project
- Texts and tunes from other Psalters (a quite complete site!)
- Catch That Catch Can: or, The Musical Companion, Containing Catches and Rounds for Three and Four Voyces, To Which is Now Added a Second Book Containing Dialogues, Glees, Ayres, & Ballads, &c., by John Hilton, ed. by John Playford (1667)
- Roud Folk Song Index (mostly more modern info)
Return to the Society for Creative Anachronism Music homepage.
Return to the On-Line Books page.
Who else has links to this page?