Re: new "times"

Rich Skrenta (skrenta@pbm.com)
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 16:26:35 -0400 (EDT)

> There has been some talk here and other places about the pros and cons of
> anonymous postings. I myself see most of the "Times" as useless since it
> is mostly anonymous.

Next turn I'm going to announce the new RUMOR and PRESS commands.
Press will be signed (by character or faction) entries in the Times;
rumors will be unsigned text blobs following.

I'll most likely leave alone the 25 gold business for G1, simply
on general principle of not making gratuitious changes. However,
I will probably add a warning that people who consistently submit
obvious junk will lose their Times privilege. Your characters are,
after all, being paid to write something entertaining or useful for
others to read.

The new warning will be necessary since, as I won't be hand-editing
the Times, it's more likely that crud will escape my notice. But
I will eventually flag folks who send in "Blah blah blah, give me my
25 gold".

You may want to start your mailing list anyway, I just wanted
to let you know that I'll be providing a signed post facility.

--
Rich Skrenta <skrenta@pbm.com>