Re: Times submission

Greg Lindahl (gl8f@fermi.clas.virginia.edu)
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 13:46:43 -0400

On Oct 21, 1:57, Tony & Marcia Baldacci wrote:

> Well, what do I find with the latest issue of the "TIMES", but someone
> (I assume either one of those AOO guys, or else some joker named
> Barnett) using _my_ faction ID on a false message.

Fakeing a message from a game character is a common feature of many
games. Publish a retraction in the Times. Anyone who believes a
disputed Times article without writing the source is an idiot.

The earlier objection regarding the Times dealt with publishing player
names, and accusing human players of various things, instead of
accusing game characters of doing things. This is an entirely
different situation.