Re: Safe Havens, and Garrisons

Walt Pesch (walt@solgrp.chi.il.us)
Mon, 19 Sep 1994 06:32:54 -0600

At 9:16 AM 9/17/94 -0700, Patrick McLaughlin wrote:

>But I think that most people will agree that the city just letting itself
>be pillaged and then having a mob show is not realistic. _Someone_ is
>protecting them from the bands of killer rats....

Myself, I find it a rather major credibility gap that you can pillage a
city, let it rest a turn, pillage a city, ad infinitum. I am surprised
that you are allowed to re-enter the city following the pillaging, i.e.
that you are not turned away at the gate. And that this barring is not
atleast for several game years.

This again is probably too radical to fix for g1, but seems reasonable for
g2. It throws off the plans of the empire-builders too much, and their
expected sources of income.

Walt Pesch
walt@solgrp.chi.il.us