Re: Death Overhaul'd

Greg Lindahl (gl8f@fermi.clas.virginia.edu)
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 22:40:30 -0400

On Sep 13, 17:53, Carl Edman wrote:

> The corpse of a noble who dies in battle becomes the possession of winning
> stack.

We already have a problem that combat is winner-take-all. This makes
it worse.

> After 8 months the body decays. There is no restoration of noble points to
> the faction.

This is reducing a feature. The feature is that NP's are somewhat
conserved. If you get your faction smashed, you can rebuild it,
because those NPs are worth a lot when invested into magic users.
Right now it's a bit too easy to lose NPs, and I think this is the bug
that should be fixed, and so again we have a problem being made worse.
With `Lay To Rest', a really beat-up faction will again lose all, when
these are the factions that we should be helping.

-- g