Re: Last Rites considered harmful

Patrick McLaughlin (pmcl@cts.com)
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 13:20:00 -700 (PDT)

I like Jay's points.

LR should REQUIRE the body. Period. If you lose someone far from
home... tough. Wait a year for the NP.

And I rather like the LR has to be done _in_ a GY touch.

Perhaps we could avoid leaving Rich's world covered in a clutter of
unburied bodies like this:

corpses are left on the field _EXCEPT_ when a COLLECT CORPSES order is
made. THis will collect the corpses in the order they died (top of the
stack down), so there ought to be a <days> option so that you can only
collect so many, if yu wish--1 day per body. This simulates picking over
a field of mangled bodies and through the underbrush to find the bodies.
Bodies left on a field will be found by NPC peasantry and delivered to
the nearest GY on the next turn, on a random day between day 5 and 15.