Re: Allow GIVE/BUY/etc. across zero time routes?

C.M. Yearsley (cmy@cs.keele.ac.uk)
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 15:36:29 +0100 (BST)

> Dan Corrin <dan@ims.uwindsor.ca> writes:
> > Rich, if you are having a problem with people getting errors giving
> > items to other chracters (I have done this myself, and I've played
> > over 90 turns) why not add some code to the error section. i.e. if
> > you get an "error noble not present" have the program search inner
> > and outer locations for the noble and perform an "assumed" move
> > to that location first, just like the move routines do.
>
> I don't mean to be too negative, but.... this is unspeakably horrid!

Agreed - far too easy to pull unsuspecting nobles out of their
castle, and do something nasty to them!

I still make errors on my turns; always when I fill it in in a hurry.
This seems fine to me and rewards, by a very little, those who
consistently make more effort. Overall, I don't have any real problems,
although I must admit my main error was not including enough 'move out's
when in the playtest I had several towers in a castle in a city...having
a default for that seems to work well for movement.

Chris