Allow GIVE/BUY/etc. across zero time routes?

David desJardins (desj@ccr-p.ida.org)
Mon, 22 Aug 94 10:21:12 EDT

Dan Corrin <dan@ims.uwindsor.ca> writes:
> Rich, if you are having a problem with people getting errors giving
> items to other chracters (I have done this myself, and I've played
> over 90 turns) why not add some code to the error section. i.e. if
> you get an "error noble not present" have the program search inner
> and outer locations for the noble and perform an "assumed" move
> to that location first, just like the move routines do.

I don't mean to be too negative, but.... this is unspeakably horrid!
Absolutely the last thing that I want is for my nobles to be moving
around without me explicitly ordering them to do so. Quite aside from
the obvious problems (once I have done such an "assumed move" into a
structure on day 1, if I continue the month by trying to "MOVE NORTH"
and then conduct various other actions, the whole remainder of my month
will be ruined), there are all sorts of ways that one might use this to
"trick" a noble into ending up somewhere it doesn't really want to be.
Thus just exacerbating the present difficulties in arms-length dealings
with one someone doesn't completely trust.

David desJardins