SCA Juried Merchants List: Books
- Raymond's Quiet Press
- Best of the Hammer (SCA Armoring)
- Books and multimedia about Medieval icons and religious art
- Poison Pen Press
- Historical cookbooks, both transcribed originals and redacted recipes, and books discussing the history of cooking. My costume books include ones with patterns and general discussions of clothing in various periods and countries. I also stock The Tailor's Pattern Book, a facsimile of a 1589 book. I carry historical mysteries by Lindsay, Frazer, Roe, and others.
- Acanthus Books
- Facsimile and unabridged reprints of antique US and UK cookbooks. Period recipe compilations.
- Tattershall Arms
- Patterns and some books on rapier combat.
- Syke's Sutlering
- Books from the London Trayned Bandes, Stuart Press, and Osprey
- Blackwood Jewellery
- A limited selection of texts relating to the production and use of jewelry and accessories in period.
- Woodland Archery
- Various books on Longbows
- Gaïta Medieval Music
- Music and dance books.
- Historic Treatises and Manuals
- Photocopies of books on Historic European Martial Arts spanning from the 13th to 20th Century
- Dance Books
- Historical dance books
- Renaissance Fabrics
- Various books that would be good references for period costumes
- "We Are Not Amused, Sir Guillaume!": A humorous and heartwarming look at medieval history, knighthood and life in (and around) the SCA.
- Talbot's Fine Accessories
- How-to booklets on a range of topics including shoemaking, jewelry construction, armouring and many more.
- The Madrone Culinary Guild
- Recipe pamphlets of medieval/renaissance cuisines
- Albion Armorers
- Medieval, bladesmithing, combat styles
- Leaves of Our Times
- Actual period illuminated and calligraphed manuscript leaves.
- The Haunted Bookshop
- We specialise in books on the Medieval and Renaissance periods, British Isles, Costuming and Illumination.
Return to Top
* Add a new merchant
* More info about the list
Disclaimer: Do not mistake this list for an official statement by or
publication of the SCA, Inc. It is the personal opinion of Gregory Blount (Greg
Lindahl.) I have not verified any claim made by any merchant. However,
I would like to hear if you had a bad experience with any merchant
on the list, or you feel that a merchant on the list doesn't live
up to the list criteria.
Gregory Blount / Greg Lindahl