SCA Juried Merchants List: Books
- The Haunted Bookshop
- We specialise in books on the Medieval and Renaissance periods, British Isles, Costuming and Illumination.
- Gaïta Medieval Music
- Music and dance books.
- Tattershall Arms
- Patterns and some books on rapier combat.
- Acanthus Books
- Facsimile and unabridged reprints of antique US and UK cookbooks. Period recipe compilations.
- Books and multimedia about Medieval icons and religious art
- Renaissance Fabrics
- Various books that would be good references for period costumes
- Historic Treatises and Manuals
- Photocopies of books on Historic European Martial Arts spanning from the 13th to 20th Century
- Albion Armorers
- Medieval, bladesmithing, combat styles
- Blackwood Jewellery
- A limited selection of texts relating to the production and use of jewelry and accessories in period.
- Dance Books
- Historical dance books
- Poison Pen Press
- Historical cookbooks, both transcribed originals and redacted recipes, and books discussing the history of cooking. My costume books include ones with patterns and general discussions of clothing in various periods and countries. I also stock The Tailor's Pattern Book, a facsimile of a 1589 book. I carry historical mysteries by Lindsay, Frazer, Roe, and others.
- Syke's Sutlering
- Books from the London Trayned Bandes, Stuart Press, and Osprey
- Leaves of Our Times
- Actual period illuminated and calligraphed manuscript leaves.
- The Madrone Culinary Guild
- Recipe pamphlets of medieval/renaissance cuisines
- "We Are Not Amused, Sir Guillaume!": A humorous and heartwarming look at medieval history, knighthood and life in (and around) the SCA.
- Raymond's Quiet Press
- Best of the Hammer (SCA Armoring)
- Woodland Archery
- Various books on Longbows
- Talbot's Fine Accessories
- How-to booklets on a range of topics including shoemaking, jewelry construction, armouring and many more.
Return to Top
* Add a new merchant
* More info about the list
Disclaimer: Do not mistake this list for an official statement by or
publication of the SCA, Inc. It is the personal opinion of Gregory Blount (Greg
Lindahl.) I have not verified any claim made by any merchant. However,
I would like to hear if you had a bad experience with any merchant
on the list, or you feel that a merchant on the list doesn't live
up to the list criteria.
Gregory Blount / Greg Lindahl