SCA Juried Merchants List: Books
- Woodland Archery
- Various books on Longbows
- Syke's Sutlering
- Books from the London Trayned Bandes, Stuart Press, and Osprey
- Albion Armorers
- Medieval, bladesmithing, combat styles
- Gaïta Medieval Music
- Music and dance books.
- Poison Pen Press
- Historical cookbooks, both transcribed originals and redacted recipes, and books discussing the history of cooking. My costume books include ones with patterns and general discussions of clothing in various periods and countries. I also stock The Tailor's Pattern Book, a facsimile of a 1589 book. I carry historical mysteries by Lindsay, Frazer, Roe, and others.
- Tattershall Arms
- Patterns and some books on rapier combat.
- Blackwood Jewellery
- A limited selection of texts relating to the production and use of jewelry and accessories in period.
- The Haunted Bookshop
- We specialise in books on the Medieval and Renaissance periods, British Isles, Costuming and Illumination.
- The Madrone Culinary Guild
- Recipe pamphlets of medieval/renaissance cuisines
- Renaissance Fabrics
- Various books that would be good references for period costumes
- Dance Books
- Historical dance books
- Talbot's Fine Accessories
- How-to booklets on a range of topics including shoemaking, jewelry construction, armouring and many more.
- Historic Treatises and Manuals
- Photocopies of books on Historic European Martial Arts spanning from the 13th to 20th Century
- "We Are Not Amused, Sir Guillaume!": A humorous and heartwarming look at medieval history, knighthood and life in (and around) the SCA.
- Leaves of Our Times
- Actual period illuminated and calligraphed manuscript leaves.
- Books and multimedia about Medieval icons and religious art
- Acanthus Books
- Facsimile and unabridged reprints of antique US and UK cookbooks. Period recipe compilations.
- Raymond's Quiet Press
- Best of the Hammer (SCA Armoring)
Return to Top
* Add a new merchant
* More info about the list
Disclaimer: Do not mistake this list for an official statement by or
publication of the SCA, Inc. It is the personal opinion of Gregory Blount (Greg
Lindahl.) I have not verified any claim made by any merchant. However,
I would like to hear if you had a bad experience with any merchant
on the list, or you feel that a merchant on the list doesn't live
up to the list criteria.
Gregory Blount / Greg Lindahl