+----------------------------------------------------------------------+ | The Olympia Times issue g2-134 | | September 7, 1999 | | | | turn 134 293 players http://www.pbm.com/ | +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
Questions, comments, to play: firstname.lastname@example.org
* * *
* * *
Travellers Warning! Eastern Provinia!
Currently two wars are going on in Eastern Provinia: The Rimmon/Lord war and the Rimmon/Nation war.
In connection with this the following should be observed.
Rimmon & Yellowleaf and entire surrounding area - Extreme Hazard The Rimmon/Lord war is an intense and grudgefilled war, the chances for 'neutrals' to be caught up is extremely high. Stay away, Sail away or Run away. Remaining in this area must be considered extremely dangerous to your health.
Greyfell - Mild Hazard The Rimmon/Nation war is less dangerous for neutrals. Both sides are good at contacting people they aren't sure about, and at avoiding hurting the innocent. It is probably wise to remain west of Greyfell to avoid the war (line 50 and westwards). The city at [bt55] must be considered extremely hazardous. The cities at [cd49] and [cb52] are currently unaffected by the conflict, containing no troops or nobles allied with either side. For a detailed look at these cities refer to the public turn report for Faction [ny7].
-- The Enlightened [ny7]
I am on my way. Lets go!
-- The Estar Kingdom [vq2]
It is with some regret that I annouce what will become a recurring feature in the Times. ***** To All Factions: The continent of Camaris is an active war zone. Any noble there is liable to attack without warning.
In particular, any noble not present at the express invitation of the Foriegn Minister of the Crimson Dragons is considered by the Crimson Dragons to be a hostile noble, and will be attacked without warning. Express invitation means that he will say, "Come to this place and do this thing now." All offers to join the Crimson Dragons or to attack our supposed enemies are rejected unless specifically approved by our Foriegn Minister. If he doesn't say Yes, then he probably means No.
It is not our desire to attack neutral or "newbie" factions, we consider that a waste valuable noble-days, but we are at war (which we also consider a waste of vaulable noble-days), despite our desires to the contrary, and as such we will fanatically defend the integrity of our claimed lands. We regard any entry to Camaris by any means as an invasion.
Uninvited guests will be regretfully hunted down and killed.
Don't come, we don't want you.
I hope the preceding is clear and to the point, and I regret the need to post this so often. ***** The Preceeding note will be appearing regularly from now on. We have found that our previous posts were either insufficiently to the point, or were not being noticed due to insufficient frequency. We apologise for the inconvienience.
On another matter, the initial battle of the RM/LotC war did occur in LotC territory, about one thousand invading RM troops attacked a garrison. The fact that most of the battles have occurred in RM territory is an indicator of how the war has gone, not who started it.
Speaking for the Crimson Dragon Ministry of Internal Security,
-- Cudgel 
Looking for adventure, excitment and the challage of a lifetime? Do you wish to test the very limits of you potential? Be all you can be.....and more. The BoRG are currently hiring Nobles from all parts of Olympia, from all walks of life. No experience nesseccary, we're just looking for a few good (and ruthless) folks to add to our growing and very successful team. Any and all interested applicantsshould forward there resume to the Hearld at : email@example.com
Please visit our web site at http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/1843/borg.html or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
May the Red God smile upon you. Temporary Herald of the Brotherhood of the Red God until Wodan has returned by our side.
-- Thor [p000]
We are a recently formed neutral alliance known as Ra Consortium. We have established ourselves on lands on the northern coast of Camaris within the following boundaries:
Northern Border (to Ocean): dp78, dn79 - dn80, dm81 - dm88 Western Border : dp78 - dr78 Southern Border : dr78 - dr88 (excl dr81 & dr82) Eastern Border : dm88 - dr88
Ra Consortium wishes to expand our contacts with the world at large in a peaceful and profitable manner for the benefit of all. We have no official affiliations with any other alliances but have an ongoing freindly relationship with all our neighbours including LoTC and Plato. We would like to hearby announce that our lands are now open to visiting newbies, traders, explorers and the like conditional on the following laws of the land being met:
1) All nobles or ships intending to visit our lands will contact our official spokesperson, Maxwell Grimm (email@example.com), prior to landing on our shores with names of all visiting nobles, alliance membership, approximate stack sizes, reason for visit, faction contact details and intended landing / border crossing point;
2) No hidden nobles will be allowed in our territories without express prior permission. Any such nobles found within our lands without the relevant permissions will be assumed to be hostile and will be treated as such;
3) Trading and resource gathering (including questing, recruiting, using money earning skills, etc) will generally be allowed within our territories but prior permission must be obtained before commencment, providing details of resources to be gathered, location to be gathered from, etc to ensure there are no conflicts with the plans made by Ra's members;
4) No stacks armed for war will be allowed within our borders, nor will hostilities between other alliances be tolerated within our borders. All stacks containing more than 15 fighters and/or beasts must obtain special permission prior to entry, the granting of which will require an explanation of the use to which said stack is intended to be put;
5) Sale of Opium within all Ra Consortium citys is banned;
6) Any noble commiting minor infractions of these laws will receive a warning message (other than unannounced hidden nobles) from Ra's official spokesperson in diplomatic correspondence and all other availble contact channels. Failure to respond to these messages within a reasonable time and/or failure to cease unauthorised activities will result in said noble being considered hostile and appropriate actions will be taken. Major infractions of these laws may receive no such warning.
We look forward to the first visitors in the near future. Also, we would like to invite you to visit our newly created web site at http://www.dreamwater.com/raconsortium/ for a basic map of our lands and further contact details,
Maxwell Grimm (The Brothers Grimm) Official Spokesperson for Ra Consortium
-- Maxwell Grimm [t023]
Is it time yet?
You Reap what you Sow. Keep that in mind as you slowly bleed to death.
We all know why you don't brag Cendage. Its cause you seem to think just cause you don't brag we won't know all the evil your up to. Your wrong again. Someone spilled all the beans on you and it ain't pretty, but you knew that.
Ahhhh I see Artemis let the Lady run this time. It's always funny to watch how many of you flee every battle.
Don't say things unless you mean them!!!
Oh, my kingdom for a still... So i could make my own wiskey!