Re: Ultimate Goals in Olympia

Greg Lindahl (gl8f@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU)
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 23:05:15 GMT

In article <3f1gac$75h@prokofiev.cs.unc.edu>,
Thomas Hudson <hudson@cs.unc.edu> wrote:

>Even though I'm one of the little guys in Olympia, getting pounded on at
>the moment by some of the big guys, I have to disagree. If you CAN'T
>grow to overwhelming size, the game is pretty limited.

But you can build an overwhelming army in OlympiaII. What you can't do
is get an overwhelming number of nobles, not without getting other
factions to be your allies. That kind of scheme actually helps prevent
stagnation of the game, and gives new players something to do no
matter how nasty the military situation is.

The AOO is clearly attempting to exercise this strategy right now.
They probably have enough allied factions to do it, too. We'll see how
much success they have.

-- greg, not Oleg