Re: Ultimate Goals in Olympia

David desJardins (
13 Jan 1995 00:08:07 -0500

John Sloan <> writes:
> The second time I reckon I could easily have flattened the culprit
> militarily, but it would have taken so many noble-days and orders of
> training and making and equipping and marching down there to do it, I
> couldn't be bothered.

No doubt this will show how dense I am, but I thought that was called
"playing the game." If you take that out, what's left?

> Some way of automating these boring tasks [standing orders for nobles,
> if you like] might help.

> This and fewer nobles would mean the PC directly controlled nobles
> would do all the interesting stuff, and the NPCs would walk the trade
> routes, and get mugged etc

If training troops, building armies, conducting trade, and defending
your territory and nobles are all "the boring stuff", what exactly is
the interesting stuff?

David desJardins

Copyright 1994 David desJardins.  Unlimited permission is granted to quote
from this posting for non-commercial use as long as attribution is given.