Re: Player Interaction

Greg Lindahl (gl8f@fermi.clas.virginia.edu)
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 13:38:49 -0400

On Oct 21, 9:29, Scott Turner wrote:

> I've been thinking some more on the problem of player interaction in
> Olympia. I'm of the opinion that Olympia doesn't provide the
> appropriate mechanics to encourage people to cooperate with one
> another.

Olympia provides the same mechanics that games like BSE provided. I've
seen about as much player interaction that I saw in BSE -- a lot. I
think that most of the old BSE players have found the same situation;
from what I can see, they're in the thick of things. If you aren't
interacting, that may be more of a function of your playing style than
lack of game mechanics.