Re: New STUDY parameter

Russell Boggs (
26 Sep 1994 17:13:01 U

Reply to: RE>New STUDY parameter

You miss one point. You're _supposed_ to have to spend one week in town
studying a new skill. That's still vastly less time than would be <<really>>
required. To shorten it to just one day seems (to me) absurd. They didn't
have good textbooks in those days. Weren't the apprenticeships about 7 years
back then?

Wait a minute ... who sent this ... ah, he's from usc. Maybe that explains
it. (big grin)

--Russ Boggs (UCLA, 76)

Date: 9/26/94 4:34 PM
To: Russell Boggs
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 14:51:36 -0700
From: Tim Whalen <>
Subject: New STUDY parameter

I'd like to see an optional parameter for study to limit the number of
days to something other than seven (i.e. STUDY <skill> [days] with a
default of seven days.) This may sound trivial but I'm constantly
wanting to do oddball things like study a new skill category for just
one day while I'm in town so I can finish it off at my leisure or to
study just enough into the second week to get me back to a whole number
when I'm at 8.57/21 days or to study for just one week total when I
only need 3 more days for the first skill and 10 more days for the
second. It's sometimes possible to finesse this by stacking the
studier under another noble or timing your orders so the noble is
still studying at the end of the month but not always.