Re: Smashes

Scott Turner (srt@sun-dimas.aero.org)
Thu, 22 Sep 1994 09:06:08 -0700

Carl writes:
>What you saw in the simulation was an effect of the rule on
>breaking...

I knew I forgot something :-).

When the simulation is run with the "no break" rule in effect, the
addition of a peasant always helps the stack, even in the extreme "20
nazgul stack" case -- for both the current simulator and one with the
4:1 ratio rule.

Therefore I conclude that the fears that there exists a counterintuitive
situation where adding units to a stack makes it weaker is groundless.
However, I'm still interested if anyone can poke holes in my earlier
reasoning and come up with a likely case where this is true (which we
can then test with the simulator).

-- Scott T.