Re: roads

Patrick McLaughlin (
Thu, 25 Aug 1994 09:39:46 -700 (PDT)

No, if they provide significant movement advantages, people will build
them. It will just be later in development. ANd roads are a BIG job. I
was suggesting this amount of material as a way to justify no
maintenance. But half might be reasonable.

I can see that road networks would be few this way, but I can also see
that there are reasons that a group of people would undertake to build a
main road. Which is what we're talking about--roads on a Roman road
level, not a backwoods dirt track with the odd stone bridge.

100 stone is trivial, really. 1000 may be too high.