Re: Olympia development too slow

Rich Skrenta (skrenta@shadow.com)
Tue, 5 Apr 94 13:46:49 EDT

John Sloan writes:
> I don't think that the rate at which you can learn skills is all that bad
> or that the time taken to raise and train an army is excessive [though I
> wouldn't object to being able to recruit more than one peasant/day] It
> does take a long time to get from A to B though, and thats something you
> could easily tinker with and make shorter. Anything up to cutting travel
> times in half would be reasonable. Something to consider, at least.

Hmmm. The movement model already has various shortcuts in it:

o Horses halve the time to travel over land

o Gatecraft allows instant teleportation between points

o Travel by ship is faster, if there is a water route

o Other secret ways the player can discover (hidden routes,
other teleportation spells, and Hades)

Does anyone else feel that movement takes too long? Is this really
what makes Olympia progress slowly?

Is the world too big?

--
Rich Skrenta <skrenta@shadow.com>