Re: Ruins and Quests

Greg Lindahl (gl8f@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU)
Wed, 12 Aug 92 16:08:00 -0400

On Aug 12, 12:20, Carl Edman wrote:

> So how do we prevent Oleg from just distributing the maps of all the
> ruins ?

Oleg doubts he is going to get that many maps of the ruins, if players
gain a lot from keeping them secret. On the other hand, if players
don't gain a lot from having them secret, then maps will be
distributed, whether or not Oleg does it.

I'm just a symptom of the disease, not the cause ;-) The desire to
keep information secret or not flows from the way the game encourages
everyone to act, not the pre-conceived playing style of some players.
"What's in it for me?" is the eternal question.

-- Oleg