Re: Limiting unit growth

Greg Lindahl (gl8f@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU)
Thu, 23 Jul 92 19:24:05 -0400

On Jul 23, 14:54, srt@aero.org wrote:

> > > (1) All units of a faction lose a bit of loyalty each month.
> >
> > This makes it difficult to send a single unit off exploring...
>
> If the loyalty loss for a unit of a single man is on the order of 5
> points/month, then even a loyalty 60 unit would make it almost a year
> on his own. That seems reasonable to me.

Well, that was the period in BSE as well, and it felt way too short to
me and many of the other players. Of course, this can be gotten around
by sending extra money and having the unit persuade itself, but if
that worked, then you have nothing left but some extra silly hoops to
jump through, adding nothing to the game.

At least a couple of pepole have liked my "WORK 2 weeks at most"
suggestion so far; I think that with the Drucartan Heresy chained, the
rest of the game system can be fiddled by adjusting faction
maintenance costs.