Re: Oly-improvements

Robert Lamb (rhdlamb@ix.netcom.com)
4 Jul 1995 21:01:33 GMT

In <DB7DrE.8FF@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> gl8f@fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU
(Greg Lindahl) writes:

>In article <3t3os7$d8o@news.aero.org>,
>Scott Turner <srt@sun-dimas.aero.org> wrote:
>
>>I think something needs to be done in general to improve the economy
>>in Oly.

Since we're talking about Oly design and changes, does anyone know the
status of G2? Last I heard it was going to be released this year.

I'd like to see enhancements to the non-strategy aspects of Oly. The
basis for these changes, like a much more sophisticated economy,
exploration and npc interaction, is already in place in the game and
just needs to be exanded (and coded!). I hope Oly continues to evolve
and improve along these lines.

Of course this means that the price per turn must, and should,
"evolve" also. A $5-$7 per turn _flat fee_ would still be cheap for a
bigger and better Oly G2.