Re: ENFORCE

Greg Lindahl (gl8f@fermi.clas.virginia.edu)
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 15:47:04 -0400

On Oct 21, 15:40, David desJardins wrote:

> This is the point. Olympia favors long-term alliances over short-term
> ones. Scott would like to make it easier to have short-term alliances.

There are other factors which allow short-term alliances to work,
namely reputation: If you screw someone, others will be less likely to
work with you in the future.

BTW, you can always use buy/sell to 'enforce' most commercial
transactions. I don't see that ENFORCE would add a lot, and it would
certainly poke a hole in the system in terms of NP transfers.

-- g