Re: Crowded, crowded Provinia

Ed Bailey (bailey@hagar.ph.utexas.edu)
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 11:01:27 -0500

Rich Skrenta <skrenta@pbm.com> writes:
> Many people have asked me to open more starting cities in G1.

Yes, definitely. Provinia is too crowded already -- and new players are
being dropped into a war zone.

> What I'd really like to do is offer some alternate routes out of
> the IC, such as one-way and/or one-use teleporation portals from
> the IC to other cities elsewhere on the map.

> I suppose I could do some sort of survey of the area before I create
> a port into the city, but any cities I choose will have this problem
> to one degree or another.

Alternately, maybe you could create a 'port into every (most?) city, and
allow the current owner to decide whether it is active or not.

Or perhaps one 'port per continent, and city (& structure?) owners can
"vote" on whether it is active.

For Game 2 (when will that start? hint, hint) you might even want to consider
making them two-way -- if you charge appropriately for their use, it would be
impractical to use them for military campaigns, but it would really accelerate
trade, communication, and civilization.

Ed Bailey

--
Ed Bailey                | Voice: (512) 471-4198   Fax: (512) 471-6715
Inst. for Fusion Studies | Internet: bailey@{hagar,ziggy}.ph.utexas.edu,