[ccharnle@ef0424.efhd.ford.com: Re: Limits]

Morton M. Charnley (ac217@detroit.freenet.org)
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 18:35:22 -0400

The following is a message sent to Rich and a private mail list. Since I
have seen a couple of messages referencing this suggestion on the design
list but have not seen the suggestion itself, I am forwarding it to the
list so you all know what is being talked about.

From: ccharnle@ef0424.efhd.ford.com (Chip Charnley)
To: skrenta@pbm.com
Subject: Re: Limits
Date: Thu, 13 Oct

Rich,
I DON'T want to see the ability taken away to post anonymous notes.
However, I WOULD like to see a way for people to post a note with validation
that it is truly from them. Therefore, I have a proposal that you can post
to the design list *IF* you can figure out an easy way to implement it...

Proposed, Times submissions will be validated byt the TIMES staff for a fee
of 5 gold. This validation will consist of all validated submissions being
placed in
a separate section and the name/id of the poster will be placed at the end
of the article as follows

Jame Retief[p4f] <TIMES validated posting>

Such postings would probably have to be done through a processor of some
kind to allow use of the unit id and password. Perhaps a format such as

begin pa4
password toughguy
begin TIMES p4f
<... text of article ...>
end

In this way 'regular' submissions might or might not be true.

In addition, people or alliances could dislaim responsibility for all
non-validated messages if they wanted to.

Chip Charnley

--
Chip Charnley
 ac217@detroit.freenet.org