Re: Two long-term problems

Patrick McLaughlin (pmcl@cts.com)
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 20:35:57 -700 (PDT)

On Thu, 29 Sep 1994, Rich Skrenta wrote:

> > You might as well just delete the commands, in my opinion. I thought
> > you wanted people to use them. No one is going to spend their time
> > trying to bribe people, if all they get is a noble with a few skills
> > (all the nobles with great skills will be oathed anyway) and it costs
> > one as much as forming one's own nobles.
>
> Nobody uses these commands anyway. Logistically it is easier
> for me to add an NP cost onto an existing group of commands than
> to rip the entire system out of the game on turn 15.

Uh, that is, no one has _YET_ used them. Perhaps they should be left as
the sole loophole for getting more nobles above the limits? That makes
it tempting, even though it is hard. And perhaps a master torturer will
be able to break a noble in less time... or a master briber will be
better at it--making it tempting to develop nobles witht he skills, and
to use them.

Pat (who objects to too great a wholesale revision, and is looking for
fixes, not clearcutting)