Re: Current to-do list

Patrick McLaughlin (pmcl@cts.com)
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 13:49:01 -700 (PDT)

I happen to think this is reasonable. But when I ran it up the flagpole
while you were gone (I think), people shrieked about it being too random
and possibly putting the fleeing noble in as much danger.

Personally, I think that's fine. Sometimes flight is to safety.
Sometimes... Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

The point here is to give people a chance to escape, not to make it
convenient!

Maybe an advanced Combat skill (needing an NP) could be strategy,
allowing you to set in 0 time a retreat option telling which way to
retreat, and allowing your further orders to attempt to run (RETREAT
<direction><1/0> (the 1/0 being to pursue the rest of the orders, or not))