Floating Markets Revisited

David desJardins (desj@ccr-p.ida.org)
Thu, 25 Aug 94 23:31:49 EDT

> From: RSOCIA@delphi.com
> Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 23:18:20 -0400 (EDT)

> For example, city A (the Imperial City?) sells wood at 110 each. NO ONE
> buys any. There is a 10% chance that the following month, the wood will
> sell for 109 gold. It's gonna take one hell of a long game time for
> this price to change significantly.

> Comments? (personal flames to me directly. :-) )

If the price changes are so small that any effects of manipulation are
insignificant, then they are so small that they won't affect the game,
so there's no point in bothering to implement them.

If they are large enough as to significantly impact on strategy, then
they are large enough for manipulation to be worthwhile.

David desJardins