roads

David desJardins (desj@ccr-p.ida.org)
Thu, 25 Aug 94 12:19:27 EDT

> From: Rich Skrenta <skrenta@pbm.com>
> Date: Thu, 25 Aug 1994 11:38:48 -0400 (EDT)
>
> I liked John Morrow's idea of having roads give you a fixed rate
> of travel, no matter where you build them (5-6 days?). Same effect,
> easier to express.

The thing that I question about this is that it means that roads have by
far the greatest value in the mountains, which is also (coincidentally I
guess) where they are the easiest to build. Do we really want all of
the mountain (and adjacent) provinces roaded, but no others?

If roads are to provide a greater benefit in the mountains, then perhaps
they should always take 100 stone to build, but varying effort:

500 effort in plains,
1000 effort in desert,
1500 effort in forest,
2000 effort in mountains.