Re: Seeing inside Sublocations

William M Lee (phywmlx@gsusgi2.gsu.edu)
Wed, 24 Aug 1994 09:41:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Aug 1994, Rich Skrenta wrote:

> > Blood Tower [xxx], tower, defense 20, owner:
> > Feasel the Wicked [501] accompanied by <a few|some|many> others
> >
> > Could be a reasonable solution. Even if the boundaries aren't exact (some
> > random overhead to blur the categories)
>
> I do like this idea. I don't know if extending it further to make
> complicated-yet-vague descriptions about who or what's inside adds
> much. But it seems like this simple hint would add some atmosphere.

OK, but only 100 people fit into a tower. If Feasel had two hundred men
in the tower, should we not see the overflow.

> For everyone suggesting OBSERVE, there are already about a zillion ways
> to look into structures, which you know from studying that lore archive
> you got from Oleg.

The reason I like an OBSERVE command, is that I don't feel that I
should have to learn a special skill to do something that anyone could
do. You may not learn exact numbers with OBSERVE, but you could get very
close.

Bill