Tower of Callisto is a letter-writing roleplaying game that uses the Callisto system to let the players explore and interact in an alternate version of the early Silk Road.
Players take on the roles of monarchs, bandits, storytellers, mystics, and merchants. Their characters write letters to each other, which the GM distills into news posts. The players collaboratively build the world and write history while pursuing their individual goals.
- Kind of a megagame: Has lots of characters interacting indirectly.
- Narratively focused, no detailed move orders.
- GM creates the characters and initial setting, players create everything else.
- Very player driven: once the game starts, the GM doesn't set the scenes or need to answer questions.
- Books of the letters from previous games are available, if you're curious as to how it works in practice.
Played the game? You can send me comments to be placed on this page by writing firstname.lastname@example.org. But don't write me attempting to join the game -- write the GM, whose address is above.
Are you the GM? You can update your listing by writing email@example.com. If you have something new to say about your game, for example an opening for new players, you can create an announcement for your game.
Don't see your favorite game? Then you can add an entry for it.
Return to the PBM List.