USS INDEPENDENCE NX-90201 http://uss-independence.org
USS Independence is an online roleplaying game based on collaborative writing. Players are encouraged to singly and jointly write mission posts to advance the free-form story, whether by developing their character or adding to the plot. We are always on the lookout for experienced roleplayers and writers, especially to fill key departmental positions.
Our basic requirement is at least four posts per month (joint posts count as one each for each participant), but many of our players usually exceed this minimum. We have an experienced team leading the game, which ensures that missions are always interesting and challenging.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
Aboard USS Independence, we have introduced new elements into our game that extend on what we have seen in the shows:
- USS INDEPENDENCE (http://uss-independence.org/independence_specs) is a Sovereign-class starship, with the famous "Miss Ceci's", the crew's lounge that has the most amazing viewports of any starship.
- USS INVICTUS (http://uss-independence.org/invictus_specs) is an adjunct starship assigned to USS Independence. With a second vessel, our scope of storytelling is greatly expanded.
- MIDSHIPMAN CRUISE is a group of Starfleet cadets assigned aboard USS Independence on their final "Cadet Cruise" prior to graduation from the Academy. This is life aboard a Federation starship, viewed from the other end.
- STARFIGHTER WING is an experimental group of starfighters, based on the successes of the Dominion War, embarked aboard USS Independence. This has been one of our most popular concepts, with more applicants than we thought.
If any of the above inspires you, sign up with us today and get right into the action!
Our mission ideas are interesting and even challenging. We have had missions where:
* we've had two storylines running in parallel (because part of the crew were trapped in another time-space)
* a musical episode (the crew spontaneously bursting into song and dance, with rewritten lyrics to popular tunes)
* the "Kobayashi Maru", where members of the crew take turns to relate their Academy experiences with the infamous training scenario
We have other interesting mission concepts (which we won't give away here) - so, you want to be part of it, you have to sign up!
Number of posts per month - varies from 40 to 150 per month
Present crew - 6 players; 25 characters (including secondary, cadet and non-player characters)
Website - http://uss-independence.org Gaming Forum - http://z14.invisionfree.com/Independence_Logs
There is no "training academy" for you to go through. Just fill in our application form at http://uss-independence.org/apply and off you go!
Experienced players may apply to start with a senior rank and/or position; otherwise, advancement through the ranks is usually quite rapid, depending on participation.
Played the game? You can send me comments to be placed on this page by writing email@example.com. But don't write me attempting to join the game -- write the GM, whose address is above.
Are you the GM? You can update your listing by writing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have something new to say about your game, for example an opening for new players, you can create an announcement for your game.
Don't see your favorite game? Then you can add an entry for it.
Return to the PBM List.