NEW! Using the Napoleonic Battles game system, of which well over 300 games have now been played, AGEMA invites you to take part in the epic Battle of Waterloo PBM/PBEM! The game will run for each player by post or email - whichever suits you best - and is a multi-player affair with these notable features:-
* All units are represented by our unique top-down graphics with every man in a battalion represented, for example!
* Units are coded by their unit notations, but also by their colourful flags.
* If taking part by email as a player you'll receive one huge pdf battle map to zoom in on; postal players will get nine full-colour A4 paper maps to plan each game turn on!
* Enemy units not yet located will remain hidden, as will your own to the enemy until they're seen.
* In-game communication by email or letter to other players is covered, including in the set-up stage of the game.
* There's a supplement which is sent out with the set-up giving the orders of battle and special rules for Waterloo.
Those who've played Napoleonic Battles before will know what to expect; but please note that if you've taken part before the mega-game rules have been changed so you get a map (or nine!) of the entire battlefield every game turn.
For those of you who haven't, you can read up on the basics of the game system on AGEMA's website (www.agema/org.uk)
TO TAKE PART: 1. You need the Napoleonic Battles rules; if you haven't got a copy you can get an electronic pdf copy or hard copy via AGEMA's website (doing so places you under no obligation to take part): www.agema.org.uk 2. Email us at email@example.com asking to take part. 3. Pay funds to establish your game account, here: pay for turns. Game turns for this special version will cost £10 by post (available in the UK only) or £8 if playing by email (available globally). One game turn is played each two weeks. 4. We'll then send you the set-up map or maps, and the special Waterloo supplement, along with the game start date.
This announcement is for this game.
Return to the PBM List.