westdance: Renaissance Dance in Golden Playne (Thailand)

Matthew Larsen matt1.larsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 07:25:54 PST 2010

Hi Klement,

Here's a page that I use all the time: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Music/.
 It's a search page to search an SCA music database.  If you put
"gelosia" in the search box, you'll get a page with lots of info,
including several summaries of the choreography and lots of music to
choose from.

I'm not 100% sure whether you're looking for sheet music or a
recording, but the site has both MP3/Midi versions and pdfs of sheet
music.  If you want sheet music, I'd recommend Mistress Ellisif's
arrangement of the music (second from the bottom).  For the 15th c.
Italian stuff, I think her versions are the best.

One caveat -- there are sections in the music that repeat, and some
reconstructions need different repeats than other reconstructions.  So
if a recording doesn't match your steps, that may be why. :-)

Also, if you don't know it already, Master Gregory maintains this
site: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance.html.  It's full of useful
dance stuff, from links to primary sources to reconstructions and
other modern articles on historical dance.

Geoffrey