westdance: [Fwd: Pied d'Argent at March Crown]

Lee Marshall lee_marshall at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 16 16:50:41 PDT 2010

A competition ball is a different thing from a ball for pleasure.  You
should consider how this will effect future dance events.  For some who
have never won the Pied and wish to, making a secret competition of this
ball may make future dance events LESS enjoyable.  When in competition,
I tend to try to have my game face on.  While my game face may be more
appealing than my normal face, such as my normal dancing face is, it is
a distraction to wear it.  Competition makes dance a less joyful thing
for me.