westdance: Masked Ball at March Crown

Francis Classe torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 13:20:28 PST 2010

This looks like it will be a lot of fun - not sure what hall it will be in, but it will be indoor!

I've volunteered to help to coordinate the music for dancing, and if someone wants to make
a presentation with accompaniment, we could probably work that out.

We could also take a break between the dance sets to do some instrumental pieces,
like a set of ricercars or fantasias.

If anyone is keen on playing, drop me a line!  Also, and I'm sure Crystal will ask, but people to help guide dancers through the dances would be a good thing.  I would suggest sticking to the more basic almans, italian, and ECDs for this since we will likely get a much more varied population than those that come to the dance ball =)  Plus, they're faster to teach!

Vyncent