westdance: SCA 4th Wednesday Dance Practice in Menlo Park

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 11:05:08 PDT 2009

Howdy ya'll,

Wednesday Dance practice this week is in Menlo Park, please scroll down for directions.

Info and Class schedule for Collegium: http://www.collegiumoccidentalis.org/
On 25April2009, the Collegium Occidentialis will be an overnight event at a hotel in Modesto. If you can, please stay for the dinner and dance demo on Saturday.

The demo will consist of: Fiamma d'Amore, Amoroso, Bizzaria d'Amore, Contrapasso, Gracca Amoroso and an ECD, probably Stingo or Chestnut. There is still plenty of space if you would like to participate!

Upcoming dance events and competitions:
*) Beltane dance competition, _Lorayne Alman_. Please see http://www.westkingdom.org/wk_event_090501_beltane.htm for details
*) Mists Investiture dance competition, _Amoroso_. Please refer to http://www.westkingdom.org/wk_event_090516_mistspringinvestiture.htm for details.

> Directions to the 2nd and 4th Wednesday practices:
> 116 O'Keefe St, Menlo Park, CA.
> Yahoo!Maps will give you accurate directions. Take 101 to
> Willow, go west on Willow --away-- from the Dumbarton
> bridge.
> Turn Left on O'Keefe St (no signal, but there's a
> 76 Gas station on the corner). Go four blocks or two stop
> signs and park anywhere legal on O'Keefe or Central Ave.
> It's a one-story house, with medium sized redwood trees
> flanking the yard, in the middle of the block.
> Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a
> local restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)

ps/ The Tuesday Darkwood Dance Practice is resuming! Please continue reading for days and directions.

Darkwood Dance Practices are the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the Month.  We will be covering the basics of Medieval and Renaissance dancing, including English Country, Bransles, Almans, 15th and 16th century Italian, and Basse Dance – though, not all in the same session.  Emphasis will be placed on learning only a few dances well over several sessions, as well as preparing upcoming for the Pied d’Argent and Salatarious Nebulorum competitions and any balls or dance events.
Practice will be held in the home of Gottfried and Caterina (Kit), in Salinas  at 7pm.  Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that will work for dancing.