westdance: demo at collegium

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 09:47:55 PDT 2009

--- On Tue, 3/24/09, Francis Classe <torlanswingmeister at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I thought that we might focus some slightly showier dances
> for the demo, so here is what I would like to propose:
>
> Fiamma d'Amore
> Villanella
> Bizzaria d'Amore
> Gracca Amoroso
> Contrapasso (can we field 3 couples?  Maybe in duo...)
>
> I figure that after these 5 dances we can then open up the
> floor to dance whatever.  However, I think it would
> look much more like a performance if we only had one couple
> up at a time for the first 5 (except for Bizzaria where 2
> are needed).  Any concerns?

One little concern, I'd like to _add_ one of the flashy ECDs (Maybe Cin's reconstruction of Fain I Would? Or Stingo?). I worry the current list would make it look like you have learn Italian to be one of the cool kids.

Also, as much as I love Villanella, I think the chase and catch of Rosiboli or Amoroso might present better to an audience.

regards,