westdance: Read This One! SCA 4th Wednesday Dance Practice in PALO ALTO

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 21:01:10 PDT 2009

Howdy ya'll,

Wednesday Dance practice this week is in PALO ALTO at CinIsh’s house, please scroll down for directions.

The Tuesday Darkwood Dance Practice is resuming! Please scroll way, way down for directions.

Upcoming dance events and competitions:
*) Mists Coronet dance competition, _Queen's Alman_. Coronet will be held at Skyline ark in Napa, please refer to http://mists.westkingdom.org/2009_Spring_Coronet.php for details.

On 25April2009, the Collegium Occidentialis will be an overnight event at a hotel in Modesto. Because we'll have ample dance space, let's plan now for a whole day of classes. It is not required that you stay overnight, most classes will probably be on Saturday. If you would like to teach, please contact the collegium regent, Duchess Constantina von Ravenna (collegium at westkingdom.org) to volunteer.

Other teaching opportunities this year are not limited to The Known World Dance Symposium (http://www.kwdsvii.org/KWDSVIISite.html), Arts and Sciences Weekend June 14-16th, and Fall Collegium October 24th.

This week, the Fourth Wednesday, dance practice is at Cynthia's in Palo Alto.
Please remember to park across the street, or on the nearby side-street, because parking right in front of Cynthia's house is forbidden. If you are a musician, it's ok to park in the drive way.
>From the north (San Mateo), on southbound 101:
Take exit #402/EMBARCADERO RD/OREGON EXPWY onto OREGON EXPY(CR-G3) - go 1.4 mi
Turn LEFT on MIDDLEFIELD RD - go 0.9 mi
Arrive at 3301 MIDDLEFIELD RD, PALO ALTO, on the LEFT

>From the south (Santa Clara), on northbound 101:
Take exit #400C/SAN ANTONIO ROAD onto SAN ANTONIO RD toward LOS ALTOS - go 0.9 mi
Turn RIGHT on E CHARLESTON RD - go 0.5 mi
Turn RIGHT on MIDDLEFIELD RD - go 0.8 mi
Arrive at 3301 MIDDLEFIELD RD, PALO ALTO, on the RIGHT

Call if you get lost, Cynthia Ishimoto 3301 Middlefield Road Palo Alto, CA  94306 (h) 650.739.0248 (c) 408.515.3276
Dance usually starts at 7pm. About 9pm we often go to a local restaurant for dinner or ice-cream.

(Crystal A. Larsen)

ps/ Darkwood Dance Directions:
Darkwood Dance Practices are the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the Month.  We will be covering the basics of Medieval and Renaissance dancing, including English Country, Bransles, Almans, 15th and 16th century Italian, and Basse Dance – though, not all in the same session.  Emphasis will be placed on learning only a few dances well over several sessions, as well as preparing upcoming for the Pied d’Argent and Salatarious Nebulorum competitions and any balls or dance events.
Practice will be held in the home of Gottfried and Caterina (Kit), in Salinas  at 7pm.  Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that will work for dancing.