westdance: Darkwood Dance practice is starting up again. Tuesday, March 10

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Sat Mar 7 07:37:49 PST 2009

Darkwood Dance practice will begin once again.

Starting on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 we will once again have
SCA dancing in Darkwood.  Practices will
be the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the Month.  We will be covering the basics of Medieval
and Renaissance dancing, including English Country, Bransles, Almans, 15th
and 16th century Italian, and Basse Dance – though, not all in the
same session.  Emphasis will be placed on
learning only a few dances well over several sessions, as well as preparing
upcoming for the Pied d’Argent and Salatarious Nebulorum competitions and any
balls or dance events.

Practice will be held in the home of Gottfried and Caterina
(Kit), in Salinas  at 7pm.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that will work for dancing.

If you have questions, call Na’arah bat Avraham (408)
848-5748 cell (408) 825-3107

Email the_momstable at rocketmail.com.  And we will be reviving the Darkwood Dance
Yahoo group.

4 Cassino
  Circle, Salinas,
93905 (at the corner of Williams and Boronda.) We are on the right.

DIRECTIONS (all the usual mapping programs work pretty well)

From San Jose/Morgan Hill/Gilroy

  Take US-101 S toward LOS ANGELES. Take EXIT 326B toward MONTEREY PENINSULA.  Turn LEFT onto S SANBORN RD. Turn RIGHT onto JOHN ST
  JOHN ST
  becomes WILLIAMS RD. Turn RIGHT onto FREEDOM PKWY. Turn RIGHT onto TUSCANY BLVD. Turn
  RIGHT onto TUSCANY WAY.
  Turn LEFT onto CASSINO WAY.
  Turn LEFT onto CASSINO CIR. End at 4 Cassino Cir Salinas, CA
  93905-2276