westdance: SCA 1st Wednesday Dance Practice in San Jose

Crystal A. Larsen xtalrock at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 21:09:24 PST 2009

Howdy all,

This week dance is in San Jose, please scroll down for directions.

On 25April2009, the Collegium Occidentialis will be an overnight event at a hotel in Modesto. Because we'll have ample dance space, let's plan now for a whole day of classes. It is not required that you stay overnight, most classes will probably be on Saturday. If you would like to teach, please contact the collegium regent, Duchess Constantina von Ravenna (collegium at westkingdom.org) to volunteer.

Other teaching opportunities this year are not limited to Arts and Sciences Weekend June 14-16th, and Fall Collegium October 24th.

Wednesdays in San Jose:
Dance practice starts about 7:00pm. We normally wear street clothes, rather than garb, for practice. Clean, soft-soled shoes or socks are required. We normally break around 9pm for dinner and rootbeer floats. Feel free to forward this message to people who ask about dance practice.
Here's the directions that assume you are coming from the north for 1st, 3rd, 5th Wednesdays:
Take your favorite route to 85, just south of 87 (Guadalupe). Take the Blossom hill exit, stay in the left lane.  Turn left at the bottom of the exit ramp. Stay in the left lane. Turn left at the second light, Snell, just past the Shell gas  station.  Go for many blocks, turn right on Branham, just before the 76
station. Turn left at the first light, Park Arcadia. Go straight until Park Arcadia dead-ends into Park Paxton, turn left.  Turn right on Park Essex (I think it's the third right).  Rafael and Elspeth's is the third house is on the right. Parking is getting a bit tight, you may have to park on Paxton and walk a block.
76 Park Essex Pl. San Jose CA
Directions from Yahoo!Maps are generally reliable, although from the north it will take you on the 101/Guadalupe/Capitol route.

see you there,